- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper $
- 1/2 cup chopped Vidalia onion $
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup Fat Free Dairy Beverage
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Cheddar CHEESE
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper $
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 100% Whole Wheat Bread slices, cut into 1-inch pieces $
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat bacon bits
- 1. Sauté diced bell pepper and chopped onion in a nonstick skillet over medium heat 4 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Whisk together bell pepper mixture, eggs, dairy beverage, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Layer bread pieces evenly in dish; pour egg mixture over bread, and sprinkle with bacon bits.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 30 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve immediately.
Debra Schramm, Americus, Georgia, Southern Living