Sleep is one of the precious gifts of god. A good night sleep makes you fit and cheerful after you wake up from sleep. For a healthy living, good food and good sleep are very important. Sleep makes the tired body not only cheerful, but also healthy. At the time of sleep, most of the organs and cells of the body are working in slow, respiration, heart and nervous system. The temperature is reduced by 0.5 to 1.0º F. The blood pressure will be 20mm less. The tone of the skeletal muscles will be reduced. The pupils are constricted and eyes are rolled upwards. A clean body and mind, physical exercises, relaxed mood and perfect food control are sleep producing methods.
There are several health benefits of sleep. Some of the major health benefits of good sleep are as below –
1. A proper sleep is necessary for good eye sight (vision). If you do not sleep properly at night then you will have defective vision.
2. Emaciation, weakness, impotency, sterility, lack of knowledge and death may be result of poor sleep.
3. A good night sleep strengthens the presence of your mind and consciousness. It makes you feel energized and physically more alert.
4. It enhances your memory and learning capacity. Getting adequate sleep will help you remember and process things better.
5. Good sleep strengthens your immune system and makes you less prone to various illnesses.
6. It reduces stress, tension and anxiety. A proper sleep allows your body to rest and relax. When your body lacks sleep it goes into a state of stress.
7. Good night sleep helps to lose weight. Sleep deficient individuals are more likely to be overweight or obese.
8. Good night sleep keeps your heart healthy. Lack of proper sleep has been associated with increasing blood pressure and cholesterol levels, both risk factors for heart attack and stroke.
So, getting adequate night sleep is important to your well being in achieving a healthy lifestyle.
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to provide health advice and is for general information only. Always seek the insights of a qualified health professional before embarking on any health program.
Copyright © Nick Mutt, All Rights Reserved. If you want to use this article on your website or in your ezine, make all the URLs (links) active.
Get powerful herbal Fat Loss Supplements to lose weight naturally. Checkout the most comprehensive health guide on Natural Fat Loss and discover the most efficient diet and workout programs to burn fat.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Nick_Mutt